The fluff you remove from your dryer lint screen is delicate, soft—and dangerously flammable.
Lint, composed of fabric bits that laundry items shed as they tumble in the dryer, can build up in the appliance’s vent. A spark from a mechanical or electrical issue can land on the lint, setting it and the appliance ablaze in your Arizona home.
Cleaning the lint screen and removing loose fabric bits from the dryer drum after every laundry load can help prevent fire but are partial remedies.
Schedule a Vent Cleaning
Desert Diamond Air has all the tools and expertise to prevent lint fires in your dryer vent. Our heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) technicians are certified by North American Technician Excellence (NATE). They are experienced in removing the layers of lint batting that can accumulate along the inside walls of the vent.
When you schedule a dryer vent cleaning with Desert Diamond Air here in the Scottsdale, AZ, area, you can expect our pros will:
- Arrive on time and explain the process to you before beginning work.
- Inspect and clean the vent, connections, and the outdoor vent cover.
- Follow safety protocols.
- Remove lint and any other obstructions lodged inside the vent.
- Check for damage and ensure the vent is up to code.
- Reconnect the components and operate the dryer.
- Leave your laundry area clean of any stray lint.
Benefits of Dryer Vent Cleaning
Fire prevention is the foremost reason for cleaning your dryer vent at least annually. Mechanical, electrical, and vent issues cause thousands of dryer fires annually. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) notes that the leading cause of home dryer fires is failure to clean them.
A dryer with a clean vent operates more efficiently. It will use less energy to dry your laundry, and you will spend less money on energy costs.
Your appliance will last longer with a clean vent. Obstructions can cause it to work harder and longer to dry your laundry, shortening its useful service life.
A blockage in the vent can restrict exhaust from flowing to the outdoors, risking the possibility of poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) accumulation indoors. A clean vent improves indoor air quality (IAQ).
Signs Your Dryer Vent Needs Cleaning
The dryer vent may be dirty if it takes longer than usual to dry your laundry. A clogged lint screen will not effectively prevent lint from entering the dryer and its vent. If you have not cleaned the lint screen recently, the vent likely contains lint, too.
A clogged vent can restrict airflow and cause the appliance to overheat. If the top of your dryer feels hot when you dry laundry, it could be overheating because of a dirty vent.
Do not hesitate to call us at Desert Diamond Air if you notice these signs. We are committed to keeping you safe from lint fires in Greater Phoenix.
Tips to Dry Laundry Safely
- Clean the lint screen regularly and schedule a professional vent cleaning at least annually with Desert Diamond Air.
- Turn off the dryer when you go to bed or leave the house.
- Do not dry items that can melt or crumble. Air dry laundry tainted by gasoline, cleaning products, or grease.
- Inspect the outdoor vent cover occasionally. It should move freely and allow exhaust to flow to the outdoors when the dryer is operating.
- Clean the area around your dryer. Keep it free from clothing, flammable products, and other clutter.
Make Dryer Safety a Priority
Let Desert Diamond Air, maintain your dryer vent. A professional vent cleaning will give you peace of mind and confidence when you operate your dryer. Our qualified technicians are ready to help in Phoenix, Carefree, Goodyear, Glendale, Scottsdale, AZ, Sun City, Surprise, Peoria, Mesa, and surrounding communities. Call us at 602-362-4599 or request service online.